- April 5, 2019
- Posted by: Kloverharris Content Manager
Job Title: Head Finance & Administration
The Head finance & administration serves as the principal manager accountable for financial & administrative strategy development and execution in the company also is responsible for ensuring the integration of both operational and financial measures aimed at efficiency, growth, and profitability of the business in the long term. The position incumbent ensures the provision of detailed financial data, as well as relevant, accurate, prompt analysis and recommendations required for daily trade financing decisions.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and articulates a comprehensive financial strategy for the company based on business growth plans.
- Monitors the present and future capital requirements of the company; review and periodically determines the long-term and short-term financial objective and policies of the company also provides guidance/advice to Executive Management about all proposal concerning major financial policies of the company, including but not limited to policies of the company’s cash needs, regulatory obligations and investments (capital or otherwise).
- Liaises with external financial services organizations and investors as may be required, to ensure the business remains adequately funded in terms of debt, Equity and working capital requirements.
- Expands the company’s outreach activities and referral networks to ensure valuable and effective financial partnerships and alliances are forged to facilitate business growth and expansion requirements over time.
- Leads the formulation and execution of the company’s corporate level investment and financial management/financing programs for enhancing business growth and operating efficiency.
- Understands the impact of the events on market dynamics and translates these into effective trade financing plans and options that effectively reduce the uncertainty and exposure the company faces in the conduct of its business.
- Defines financial targets (cash flow, ROI, ROC, PBT, etc.) and ensures the sourcing of external debt and equity financing required to support the company’s long-term growth and stability.
- Establishes and maintains an effective financial management framework covering treasury, tax planning, financial control, and management information system (MIS) processes that support the company mission and business objectives and enable the effortless production of relevant periodic reports.
- Develops and implements effective trade finance, financial management and accounting system, processes, procedures and policies which provide effective controls in the deployment and utilization of capital.
- Manages budgetary processes to ensure all budgets adequately reflect periodic resource requirements and revenue estimates for the business; co-ordinates the periodic financial performance monitoring and reporting activities of the company.
- Approves all finance & accounting transactions and ensures processes/ procedures are effective and comply with the regulatory and statutory requirement; monitors the company’s financial books/ position and signs off on any adjustments to ensure effective controls.
- Manages The Company’s assets and liabilities position to ensure current knowledge of the company’s cost of funds and product pricing requirements; oversees regular banking and treasury transactions and ensures adequate funds/liquidity levels are maintained to support daily trades and business operations; ensures future net cash flows remains positive on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensures surplus funds are properly invested – no idle funds in the current account.
- Manages the company’s asset, debt, cost and profitability position and establishes an appropriate framework for the prompt rendition of returns for repayment of short and long-term debt (monitors/manages facilities with financial institutions).
- Effectively manages company taxes and work through executive’s leadership and management team to reduce costs, enhance revenues, achieve effective utilization of capital and attain projected cash flow, IRR/ROC and profitability targets.
- Ensures the provision of timely, comprehensive and accurate Financial and Management Accounts that support decision-making processes.
- Builds strong and value-adding relationships with financing partners (local & offshore banks) and represents the company to the local banks through effective communications, participation in workshops and other events.
- Reports known contraventions of financial statutory regulations to executive management.
- Supervises the preparation and despatch of periodic statutory returns to regulatory authorities as may be required.
- Plans and coordinates the activities of statutory examiners and manages relevant 3rd party relationships (e.g. with bankers and regulatory authorities).
- Responds to Audit/ Examination queries as may be required from time to time.
Qualifications & Experience
- 1st degree in Finance, Investment Management, Business Administration, Economics or Accounting.
- Professional Accreditation (ACA), CFA
- 8 – 10-years cognate work experience as a Financial or Banking or Management Accountant
- The last 3 -4 years of which must have been in a management role within a reputable and structured organization (financial institution, trading business, etc.)
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Oil & Gas Industry Dynamics & World Markets
- Foreign Exchange and Money Markets
- Business & Financial Strategy Development and Execution
- Finance & Investment Management
- Advanced Financial & Management Accounting
- Assets & Liabilities Management
- Networking & Relationship Management
- Business Performance Monitoring and Reporting
- Judgment, decisiveness and self- discipline