Age: 30 – 40 Years
The Key Account Manager is to focus on determining and managing key accounts in order to accomplish and advance sales budgets, and maximize opportunities to make sales. He/she is also responsible for achieving certain sales target from direct sales routes through the process of growing and developing existing clients and identifying new clients.
It is also expected of the Key Account Manager to actualize crucial and overall expenses the company incurs to foster its brands and products. This means that every Naira spent on any activity builds the long term sustainability of the company’s products. It is therefore imperative for the account manager to ensure that the appropriate products and services are brought to the right place and at the proper time so as not to miss the sales target needed to achieve a business plan. The manager is expected to develop unique ways to grow the organization and manage any trade activities to generate sales / sales leads. This will also involve searching for customers.
The main objective of the Key Account Manager is to manage a group of important customers (Key Accounts) in order to achieve designated sales targets through the implementation of appropriate and unique strategies for those key accounts.
The Key Account Manager maintains and expands relationships with important clients and will work closely with various business departments in order to maintain and further develop the relationships with the key accounts. The Key Account Manager is responsible for the achievement of sales targets and is assigned key objectives/metrics relevant to key accounts.
The Key Account Manager supervises and coordinate other sales personnel within the Key Account Team, takes part in regular business reviews and account planning ensuring that account activities are executed effectively at the Account level to support the overall business objectives. Ensures that Sales objectives for the Account are achieved i.e. Sales volumes, revenue, and collections.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure monthly sales targets, new account targets and key product targets are achieved.
- Manages an assigned Key Accounts to maximize sales revenues and meet corporate objectives.
- Co-ordination of van deliveries, Merchandisers, Key Account Reps within the area.
- Implement sales and marketing strategies to drive sales growth in the assigned area.
- Prepare Annual Sales Plan for each key account
- Ensures Credit policy is adhered to and customers do not exceed limits. Manages team to ensure credit policy adhered to.
- Generate sales orders to ensure that monthly sales targets are met.
- Undertake on the job training of subordinates.
- Collaborates with Ro-Marong Management in establishing and recommending the most realistic sales goals for the Accounts and the company.
- Develop and manage an efficient distribution network to improve sales performance.
- Manage and coordinate the activities of the sales team for sales growth and revenue enhancement.
- Conduct market research to understand competitors and market trends.
- Provides weekly and monthly reports on current sales, market environment, competitive intelligence, account issues and actions to correct.
- Maintains knowledge and awareness of competing products/services, discount and pricing structures, and overall strengths and weaknesses in order to determine how best to service and motivate key accounts to stay with the business.
- Provide innovative ideas and suggestions to improve the market presence.
- Maintain relationship with existing customers for repeat business.
- Build sales culture and sale centric atmosphere among the team members.
- Provide timely feedback to the sales personnel regarding their sales performance.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Educated to minimum bachelor’s degree (preferably with an MBA) level ideally in a business related subject.
Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to achieve sales plans.
- Proven business analysis and judgment with the ability to proactively manage business and P&L to meet objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally develop and coach team members.
- Self Motivated. Ability to work with minimum supervision while building a team to support the new business objectives.
- Exceptional negotiation skills.
- Ability to build positive working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Business related computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Minimum 5 years experience in sales preferably within an FMCG environment
- Additional functional experience, preferably in marketing, trade marketing and/or finance is an advantage
- Experience of managing and leading sales team
Personal Qualities And Behavioral Traits:
- Results oriented, entrepreneurial and self-motivating
- Tenacious and resilient, driven to achieve even when faced with obstacles
- Leadership and interpersonal skills capable of building strong working relationships and influencing and customers and internal teams
- Strong commercial understanding of business issues/opportunities
- Strong understanding of sales and marketing strategy and planning issues
- Strong analytical skills with ability to develop strategies, tactics and measurable implementation
- Ability to think outside the box