Pipeline engineers are responsible for the design, construction, operation, quality control, and maintenance of pipelines and pipeline transportation systems.
Age: 30 – 45 Years
Scope of Work
candidate will Manage overall operations of crude oil and/or natural gas pipelines. Ensures safe and efficient operations of the pipeline system. Serves as a company representative on regulatory and environmental issues. Job Requirements:
- Develop engineering designs and diagrams related to pipeline.
- Review Client’s technical documentation and requirements.
- Ensure an adequate standard of technical documentation and contribute in updating Company standards.
- Review the Client’s technical documents during the bid phase.
- Prepare the design basis/CTRs for the pipeline design and interface with the relative process and structures and installation.
- Prepare the technical specifications and data sheets for material purchasing.
- Check the results of surveys carried out by sub-contractors.
- Optimize the laying route.
- Assist with the selection of laying spread/methods and perform/review installation design analysis for the pipeline system.
- Oversee the bid evaluation and procurements phases.
- Compile the alignment sheets and design manual.
- Verify and act upon the remarks of the Client/Certifying Body.
- Assist the pipeline lead or the project engineering manager for solving technical problems arising during project development and for interfacing/supporting the procurement department
- Perform/verify all discipline analyses and calculation notes required to design the pipelines system, including the engineering activities of third parties/sub-contractors.
- Define standards and procedures for the relative engineering area and contribute to software evaluations.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in petroleum Engineering or any related Engineering course.
- Minimum of 12-15 years experience in the Oil & Gas sector of which at least 8 years must be in managerial or supervisory roles.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to lead teams
- Must be able to take concrete and effective decisions.
- Good understanding of oil and gas facility maintenance activities..
- Excellent communication skills
Personal Qualities And Behavioral Traits:
- Results oriented, entrepreneurial and self-motivated.
- Tenacious and resilient, driven to achieve even when faced with obstacles
- Leadership and interpersonal skills capable of building strong working relationships and influencing and customers and internal teams.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to develop strategies, tactics and measurable implementation.
- Ability to think outside the box