- November 12, 2019
- Posted by: Kloverharris Content Manager
JOB SUMMARY – BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (B2B)
Plan and implement sales strategies targeted at a growing client base and managing existing ones to deliver sales and further gain traction. The ideal candidate should be full of energy, self-motivated with minimum supervision and possess the requisite skills and experience in business to business type sales.
JOB DESCRIPTION – Business Development Manager
- Respond to Request for Proposals (RFPs) Tenders and Bids
- Manage existing relationships ensuring clients’ needs and goals are met by delivering quality service to maximize sales revenues and meet company objectives.
- Drive sales by following up on new business leads and bringing same to closure by actively targeting business clients via face to face meetings, presentations, social events, etc
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry related events, publication announcements, online activities and develop strategies geared at differentiating the company from its competition.
- Examine risks and potentials for new business opportunities and develop adequate strategies to mitigate against such risks
- Provide feedback to management on product acceptance, new product launches or re-launch initiatives
- Participate in the recruitment and training of the sales team on product knowledge, customer relationship management, and all other relevant skills required to grow the client base.
- Develop and implement a B2B communication strategy including content creation used in marketing, advertisement, and product promotions.
- Satisfy technical and after-sales services during the sales cycle.
- Solicit feedback from clients on products and services to aid product development and/or enhancement
- Prepare management reports by collecting, analyzing and summarising information
- Prepare monthly management reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Prepare annual sales plans for each account, re-activate dormant accounts and target new businesses
- BSc in any Social Science with a minimum class degree of second class upper
- Post Graduate Degree in Sales/Marketing ( Optional)
- Minimum of 10-12 years of work experience with 3 years of experience in sales strategy development and management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to drive sales of new products
- Strategic leadership ability
- Work with a high level of motivation and enthusiasm
- Prior experience in B2B sales is desired