- July 25, 2018
- Posted by: Kloverharris Content Manager
Age: 30 – 45 Years
A community Affairs Manager will plan, implement and manage community-relation projects that meet the goal(s) of the company. He/She will be responsible for leading and managing advocacy and outreach activities for the organization. The Manager gathers information; provides analysis of issues and information; liaises with multiple agencies and public officials.
- Must be able to combine elements of relationship building, stakeholder management, fundraising and volunteer coordination
- Nurture meaningful relationships with key community groups
- Promote the interests of the project and always work to enhance the reputation of both management and JV partners.
- Identify local external risks and opportunities
- Monitor local and regional media and build relationships with industry community affairs and government relations counterparts
- Minimum of a second class lower bachelor’s degree in public relations, corporate communications, journalism, marketing or a related field
- Minimum of 12-15 years experience of which at least 8-10 years should be in a supervisory role.
- Highly motivated with energy and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Ability to form strong trusted relationships based on values and ethics.
- Flexible and able to display high degree of emotional intelligence
- Genuine team player attitude and ability to get on with people from all walks of life is a priority
- Acute attention to detail and ability to operate with a high degree of accuracy.