- February 5, 2020
- Posted by: Kloverharris Content Manager
This role has the overall responsibility for all vessel and terminal Operations in the company.
- Develop requisite strategic objectives for the Company’s vessels and departments with respect to growing the business, QHSE management as well as effective people and safety management
- Provide technical leadership and support for company’s terminal projects and provide strategic oversight for export activities
- Report and review operational and financial performance of the business
- Direct the company’s Operational plans and deploy all company’s Operations solutions as well as developing, designing and seeking continuous improvement of the terminal and export systems.
- Facilitate ongoing export programs including barging, terminal operations, permit and approvals etc.
- Set and drive the maintenance and dry docking of all vessels while ensuring budget and work systems are in place in order to meet business goals and targets
- Manage third party vessel and terminal support contractor, clients, terminal teams and support service contractors
- Drive business development activities to ensure the growth of the business and introduction of new businesses to the Company
- Develop budgeting, forecasting and reserve/economic analysis for all vessel and terminal programs for the Company
- Establish relationship and liaise with all relevant regulatory authorities as well as strategic partners for the benefit of company
- Make continuous efforts to improve vessel and terminal delivery performance including the applications of new tools and techniques
- Prepare regular progress reports and cost expenditures as well as forecasts to Executive Management
- A first degree in Social science or Engineering. Masters or MBA will be an added advantage
- Candidate must have minimum of 15 years’ experience, 3 of which should have been spent driving the operations of a business as COO.
- Experience in the Maritime sector either in Terminal Operations, Tanker Vessel Operations, Barging or Dry docking business is a must.
- This role reports to the MD/CEO
- Location is Warri