- November 14, 2019
- Posted by: Kloverharris Content Manager
Job Title: Admin/Finance Officer
A Finance Officer / Administrative Officer will be responsible for providing Finance/Administrative support to the organization. Some duties include inventory management, recruitment, organizing company records, budget and office reporting, staffing, training and development, performance management.
Assist in the finance and budget activities of the office including assisting in the preparation of annual budget submission and revisions by estimating the cost of staff as well as rental and utilities, office equipment and supplies, printing, and other contracts, services or running expenses, to include in the budget.
Verify all expense claims to certify correctness and ensure that all appropriate supporting documents have been provided.
Upon request, extracts monthly financial reports of all active projects from the accounting/financial system.
Ensuring that all cash and cheque payment requests are duly completed, certified and approved by authorized staff and all necessary supporting documents are provided before payment is done.
Performing treasury transactions in the accounting, monitoring the documentation and assuring its completeness in compliance with our clients’ procedures.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Monitoring and maintaining office equipment and inventory supplies; orders replacement supplies as needed
- Creating, updating, and maintaining records and databases
- Updating office policies and procedures
- Preparing reports on expenses, office budgets, and other expenditures
- Preparing travel arrangements for office staff and managers; overseeing and preparing expense reports and budgets
- Organizing special functions and social events
- Preparing correspondence, documentation, or presentation materials
- Recruiting, training and developing staff
- Making sure that staff get paid correctly and on time
- Pensions and benefits administration
- Approving job descriptions and advertisements
- Looking after the health, safety, and welfare of all employees
- Organizing staff training sessions and activities
- Monitoring staff performance and attendance
- Advising line managers and other employees on employment law and the employer’s own employment policies and procedures
- Extract monthly financial reports of all active projects from the accounting/financial system.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Administration or a related field
- Two years of working experience as a Finance & Admin Officer or related position.
- Experience using Microsoft words.
- Organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills