- September 19, 2019
- Posted by: Kloverharris Content Manager
Job Title: Key Account Manager
Name: Job Title
- Sales Supervisors
- Sales Representatives
- Delivery Vans
The Key Account Manager is to focus on determining and managing key accounts in order to accomplish and advance sales budgets and maximize opportunities to make sales. He/she is also responsible for achieving certain sales target from direct sales routes through the process of growing and developing existing clients and identifying new clients. It is also expected of the Key Account Manager to actualize crucial and overall expenses the company incurs to foster its brands and products. The manager is expected to develop unique ways to grow the organization and manage any trade activities to generate sales/sales leads. This will also involve searching for customers.
|· Ensure monthly sales targets, new account targets and key product targets are achieved.
· Manages assigned Key Accounts to maximize sales revenues and meet corporate objectives.
· Co-ordination of van deliveries, Merchandisers and Key Account Reps within the area.
· Implement sales and marketing strategies to drive sales growth in the assigned area.
· Prepare Annual Sales Plan for each key account
· Ensures Credit policy is adhered to and customers do not exceed limits.
· Manages team to ensure credit policy adhered to.
· Generate sales orders to ensure that monthly sales targets are met.
· Undertake on the job training of subordinates.
· Collaborates with the Management in establishing and recommending the most realistic sales goals for the Accounts and the company.
· Develop and manage an efficient distribution network to improve sales performance.
· Manage and coordinate the activities of the sales team for sales growth and revenue enhancement.
· Conduct market research to understand competitors and market trends.
· Provides weekly and monthly reports on current sales, market environment, competitive intelligence, account issues and actions to correct.
· Maintains knowledge and awareness of competing products/services, discount and pricing structures, and overall strengths and weaknesses in order to determine how best to service and motivate key accounts to stay with the business.
· Provide innovative ideas and suggestions to improve the market presence.
· Maintain relationships with existing customers for repeat business.
· Build sales culture and sale centric atmosphere among the team members.
· Provide timely feedback to the sales personnel regarding their sales performance.
Qualifications & Competencies:
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree (preferably with an MBA) level ideally in a business-related subject – from a recognized University.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in sales preferably within an FMCG environment
• Additional functional experience, preferably in marketing, trade marketing and/or finance is an advantage
• Experienced in managing and leading sales teams
Skills & Competencies
· Demonstrated ability to achieve sales plans.
· Proven business analysis and judgment with the ability to proactively manage business and P&L to meet objectives.
· Demonstrated ability to professionally develop and coach team members.
· Ability to work with minimum supervision while building a team to support the new business objectives.
· Exceptional negotiation skills.
· Ability to build positive working relationships, both internally and externally.
· Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
· Business related computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.