- June 21, 2019
- Posted by: Kloverharris Content Manager
|Job Title||OPERATIONS MANAGER|
|Location||Warri, Delta State|
|Reports To||Chief Operations Officer|
|Job Purpose||Safely manages all Production and Maintenance Operations in line with business objectives fully adhering to HSE and corporate policies and regulatory requirements.|
|· Assume overall accountability for the day to day Operations and Maintenance management of all OML42 Asset with a view to maximize daily production performance while delivering Safety requirements in line with global oil field best practices.
· Oversee and manage the operation and maintenance personnel and effectively channel their energy to effectively operate and maintain all surface facilities to ensure optimum exploitation of oil and gas in a safe and environmentally friendly manner.
· Show effective and strong leadership qualities to overcome the various challenges envisaged with the Communities, legacy equipment maintenance issues and competently work through roadblocks to achieve partners alignment and deliver on Operations business outcomes.
· Demonstrate experience and skill in identifying regulatory compliance issues and proactively working with regulators to ensure full compliance and avoid sanctions and penalties.
· Develop and manage budget and operational expenses, oversee proposal development bid packages and subcontractor agreements. Also, provide cost and risk management guidelines.
· Oversee the commissioning and startup of new projects and facility modifications to ensure compliance with standards, specifications, and contract terms and conditions.
· Oversee and maintain integrated activity plans (IAP) for OML 42 installations with rigorous application of processes and systems to enable the successful and safe delivery of all functional activities.
· Effectively manage Health Safety and Environment (HSE) issues in the line. Ensure all HSE incidents are promptly investigated and reported out to management.
· Demonstrate effectiveness in managing all interfaces issues to minimize scheduled and unscheduled deferments.
· Develop new strategies to increase production with cost-efficient methods while ensuring that adequate safety norms are used by site personnel. Turn these strategies to approve Operating procedures and Standing Instructions for the Operations and maintenance teams.
· Ensure the production of oil and gas safely meets set targets and specifications and set mitigation measures to correct if necessary. Accountable for Operations risk register.
· Ensure that all field operations are run in a profitable and optimal manner.
· Provide technical support/advice and solutions to the production team based on prior experience and personal development.
· Develop, maintain and provide daily, weekly and monthly Production look ahead and performance reports.
· Supervise the operations superintendents, combine, integrate and optimize multi-functional plans within the Asset.
· Continuously monitor and report on project status via charts, reports, etc. Jointly develop an Operations Readiness Plan with Project team and co-create the Commissioning plan and deliver the same together with Project teams.
· Keep track of all on-going works from a planning perspective and produce look ahead plans as required.
· Evaluate the effect of external factors on project execution and propose contingency plans. Effectively work with Project teams and Engineering to close out legacy project issues and punch-list items.
· Champion and drive Hydrocarbon Allocation (HCA) processes embedment and sustenance in the organization.
· Demonstrate skill to provide on the job training for Field Operations and Maintenance personnel.
· Identify opportunities for improving forecasting, resource allocation and the execution of activities through improvements in integrated activity planning.
· Manage operational activities of the production team including integrated planning and review meetings; forecasting; shutdown planning, field accommodation utilization, logistics demand management, Contracts demand management, stakeholders management, etc.
· Must be willing to spend time in the field locations to personally institute sound Oil Field practices and audit the processes from time to time to ensure sustainability. Lead by example to manage the weekend Duty roaster to ensure senior Operations staff availability for weekends and public holidays.
|Person Specifications||Academic Qualification||Professional Qualification||Experience|
|Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or a preference for a Master’s degree in Engineering, Management, or related field and/or equivalent industry experience.||· Professional Certifications in Operations or Project or General management is an added advantage.||Minimum of Fifteen (15) years post-NYSC work experience; with 10 years of relevant experience in operations in a similar role within the oil and gas industry|
|Key Skills and competencies
|· Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
· Demonstrate ability to deputize for the Chief Operating Officer.
· Exceptional stakeholder management skill is a critical requirement.
· Ability to demonstrate resilience, grit, drive and can-do attitude will be key.
· Experience in fundraising will be a plus
· Excellent interpersonal, presentation and public speaking skills, both practiced and impromptu
· Aptitude in sound decision-making and problem-solving in pressure situations
· Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
· Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
· Excellent networking/relationship/interface management skills
· Ability to use relevant procurement tools
· Excellent negotiating skills
· Problem solving and Time management.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Coaching and Supervisory skills
· Health Safety and Environment management skill
· Regulatory compliance awareness
· Goal and task oriented
· Knowledge of/ability to cope in Niger Delta region
|Value Proposition||· This position provides a highly stimulating and professionally beneficial opportunity for a highly determined and driven candidate to develop and advance his career in the Oil and Gas industry.
· OML 42 is leading the path in technology and innovation with alternative evacuation technology, three-phase separation, and other novel approaches for which this role provides the opportunity to be a part of their development in the Niger Delta.