Age: 35 – 44 Years
We are hiring for an experienced Project Manager to join a leading property development company in Lagos. If you are someone who is looking to be part of a creative and collaborative environment in which delivering quality projects is priority, this is a great opportunity for you. Working closely with our on-site team and sales team, you will be trusted to ensure the on-time successful delivery of projects valued in the region of N800m upwards.
As Project Manager, you will be responsible for the planning, management, coordination and Financial control of the project; while also ensuring the ultimate delivery of project objectives through tracking of milestones and KPI’s and reporting of key risks.
You must have demonstrable experience of successfully tendering for and managing a range of complex projects from initiation to completion.
The successful candidate will be required to plan budget and time-lines, oversee and document all aspects of a specific project or group of projects with a constant focus on delivering to a high standard.
In addition, the ideal candidate must have a business mindset and create a vision for the success of the company.
- Carry out research, analysis and drafting of documents. Present data and information to support the implementation of projects including the preparation of briefs, information material and presentations
- Manage a range of projects simultaneously whilst tracking and ensuring delivery within set timescales and budgets.
- Create and deliver project plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Understand basic revenue models and P/L, meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analysing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the project, organise necessary labour and materials and assign responsibilities.
- Communicate directly with internal/external stakeholders and senior colleagues with clarity and confidence around progress, issues, plan progress etc.
- Responsible for meeting budgetary objectives
- Manage all aspects of health and safety for on-going projects
- Oversee and carry out risk assessments and quality assurance
- Submit project status reports to stakeholders and regularly reporting to senior management on progress of project
- Managing project administration and ensuring project documents are complete, up to date, and appropriately stored.
- The successful candidate will be expected to tender for and procure new business regularly
- Continuous analysis of the business environment towards ensuring company growth and survival
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the markets and industry of the company
- Degree level qualification. A master’s degree in a relevant discipline or MBA will be an added advantage
- 8 – 10 years proven experience in a similar role
- Management of financial resources
- The ability to use your initiative, make decisions under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent organisation and planning skills and robust business and project management skills are necessary.
- Must be able to identify areas for improvement and implement processes as appropriate
- Operational experience in a managerial role with a professional attitude.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Must have excellent communication skills, speak and write clearly and effectively
- Must possess the ability to manage their own workload and prioritise accordingly.
- Candidate must be able to support and act in accordance with final group decision
- Must be ambitious and a true team player with experience managing projects
- Membership of relevant industry professional bodies such as PMP, Prince 2