- September 19, 2019
- Posted by: Kloverharris Content Manager
Job Title: Sales Executive
Reports To: Key Account Manager
Name: Job Title
- Sales Representatives
- Sales Assistants
The Sales Executive combines sales representative tasks with some levels of managerial responsibilities. Typically reporting to the Key Account Manager, the Sales Executive has the responsibility of; managing medium-sized territories, achieving maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory/customer groups.
- Manages an assigned geographic sales territory and/or group of assigned customers to maximize sales revenues and meet corporate objectives.
- Generate sales orders to ensure that monthly sales targets are met.
- Promote, sell and secure orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the Companies products and services.
- Ensures credit policy adhered to and no customers exceed credit limits.
- Developing prospective customers and gather information to determine their potentials.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Coordinates sales efforts with sales management, accounting, and logistics.
- Analyzes the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers’ value to the organization.
- Collaborates with Key Account Manager in establishing and recommending the most realistic sales goals for the region and the company.
- Develop and manage an efficient distribution network to improve sales performance.
- Conduct market research to understand competitors and market trends.
- Provide innovative ideas and suggestions to improve the market presence.
- Maintain relationship with existing customers for repeat business.
- Prepare reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably with an MBA) level ideally in a business-related subject – from a recognized University
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in sales preferably within an FMCG environment
- Additional functional experience, preferably in marketing, trade marketing and/or finance is an advantage
- Experience of managing and leading sales teams
Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to achieve sales plans.
- Proven business analysis and judgment with the ability to proactively manage business and P&L to meet objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally develop and coach team members.
- Exceptional negotiation skills.
- Ability to build positive working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Business related computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.