Age: 25 – 35 Years
The Sales Executive combines sales representative tasks with some levels of managerial responsibilities. Typically reporting to the Key Account Manager, the Sales Executive has responsibility for managing medium sized territories; achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory / customer groups.
The Sales Executive undertake sales activities within the assigned territory or group of customers allocated; builds and maintain a sound working relationship customers and takes part in regular business reviews, ensuring that trade activities are executed effectively within the territory to support the overall business objectives.
Accountabilities: (List all the important duties undertaken starting with the most critical ones. Begin each sentence with an action verb, e.g. completes, determines, implements, improves, plan, produce, provide, control, direct etc. Each statement should conclude with an end result.)
- Manages an assigned geographic sales territory and/or group of assigned customers to maximize sales revenues and meet corporate objectives.
- Generate sales orders to ensure that monthly sales targets are met.
- Promote, sells and secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the Companies products and services.
- Ensures credit policy adhered to and no customers exceed credit limits.
- Developing prospective customers and gather information to determine their potentials.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Coordinates sales effort with sales management, accounting and logistics.
- Analyzes the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers’ value to the organization.
- Collaborates with Key Account Manager in establishing and recommending the most realistic sales goals for the region and the company.
- Develop and manage an efficient distribution network to improve sales performance.
- Conduct market research to understand competitors and market trends.
- Provide innovative ideas and suggestions to improve the market presence.
- Maintain relationship with existing customers for repeat business.
- Prepare reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products.
- Participates in trade shows and conventions.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Educated to minimum bachelors degree (preferably with an MBA) level ideally in a business related subject
Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to achieve sales plans.
- Proven business analysis and judgment with the ability to proactively manage business and P&L to meet objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally develop and coach team members.
- Exceptional negotiation skills.
- Ability to build positive working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Business related computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Minimum 3 years experience in sales preferably within an FMCG environment
- Additional functional experience, preferably in marketing, trade marketing and/or finance is an advantage
- Experience of managing and leading sales teams
Personal Qualities And Behavioral Traits:
- Results oriented, entrepreneurial and self-motivated
- Tenacious and resilient, driven to achieve even when faced with obstacles
- Leadership and interpersonal skills capable of building strong working relationships and influencing and customers and internal teams
- Strong commercial understanding of business issues/opportunities
- Strong understanding of sales and marketing strategy and planning issues
- Strong analytical skills with ability to develop strategies, tactics and measurable implementation
- Ability to think outside the box